- Turn-based Command Battles - A character can act freely within a specific range during their turns
- Knockback System - A system that hit enemies away. This is a strategic element that allows you to dealt even more damage to enemy by crashing them into each other and give you positional advantage in battle
- Install Genre System - Install game system from the real world in order to add a genre to the battle
- Gridge Style - By taking action in a world full of bugs, characters’ bodies and minds will gradually become contaminated. When that level of contamination reaches a certain amount, the character’s form will change to “Gridge Style” and they’ll gain tremendous attack power
- Field - The world full of bugs, you'll encounter obstacles such as "invisible floors" and "pass-through walls" in the dungeons. You'll use various "Bug Actions" that is useful for exploration such as discovering items and hidden passages
Death end re;Quest 2 is set in Liz Soara, a fictional town that was built in the likeness of Southeastern Europe. Occult horror-related developments will happen there.
The setting of the story is in the real world of the first game, while the design direction has a sense of realism. The occult concentration is increased 200 percent over the first game (Death end re;Quest). There is no need to play the first game to be able to enjoy the story of the sequel.